Cowra station building comprises of a few sections waiting room, station master’s office, parcel rooms, refreshment room, parcel room, accommodation rooms, toilets/waiting rooms and storage areas.
It has been modified heavily since it was opened in 1886. Over the years the building has been extended with a railway refreshment room added, accommodation rooms and also the change saw the ladies toilets moved to the southern end and merged into the building structure which was housing the mens toilet, quite an unusual change in NSWGR protocols.
A clear sign of the original brick work is the small end of the brick followed by long ways, a feature of old days bricking.
Station master office
Railway Refreshment Room / Bar
Mens and Ladies Waiting Room / toilets
Travellers accommodation section
Various views around the station building showing the building’s external features.